FlightGear MultiPlayer Server
Go to the documentation of this file.
* \page mp_network MP Network
* The \ref FlightGear MultiPlayer network consists of around 20++ (circa 2013) running servers.
* * These servers are public internet facing contributed by various parties.
* * Public servers are meant to run permanently on a host, and let players connect to them for free
* * Typically there are around 10 to 60 players on the network circa 2013.
* The main Hub Server (\ref server_is_hub ) is currently <b>mpserver01</b>, hosted by \ref oliver
* \section dns DNS
* - The mpservers are subdomains of <b>flightgear.org</b>
* * eg: mpserver14.flightgear.org
* - The DNS entries are maintained by the flightgear-developers
* - There is no automated or "official" list at present, but the latest servers are expected to be on the FlightGear wiki page
* * http://wiki.flightgear.org/Howto:Multiplayer
* \note To make any changes, or to be added to DNS contact the \ref FlightGear developers
* on the \ref fg_mailing_list
* \section HUB Hub
* - On the FlightGear Mp network operates the servers in a \b HUB environment.
* - This means, that traffic from clients received at 'leave'-servers is
* only relayed to a (one or more) 'HUB'-server(s).
* - The HUB then sends the data to all known relay servers.
* - The HUB-configuration takes some of the traffic load off leave nodes, as they just relay to one (or more) HUB servers.
* - Currently mpserver01.flightgear.org is the only hub.
* \image html FGMS-HUB.png "Above you can see the traffic flow in a HUB environment"
* \subsection next_dd > Next
* * \ref hosting
Generated on Tue Mar 10 2015 23:08:32 for fgms by