FlightGear MultiPlayer Server
Go to the documentation of this file.
/*! \page install_guide Installation Guide
* This is a short overview about installing the \ref fgms.
* The reader is assumed to be reasonably familiar with working in a Unix/Linux shell environment.
* \note First, make sure to read about pre-requisites and bandwidth etc in \ref hosting
* The examples below use the following directory structure:
* /home/my/stuff < working directory
* /home/my/stuff/fgms-0-x < the git checkout of the source code
* /home/my/stuff/build_fgms < the temp build directory
* \section get_bui Getting & Building fgms
* There are currently no 'pre built binary packages' for \ref fgms. Its expected that
* you have a server that you are in control of, can install packages and compile
* with root permissions if necessary. Also the install is more focused
* on *nix style systems which is the primary development platform.
* - You will need the build tools \b cmake and \b make, and also \b g++ to compile the fgms application.
* These can usually be found in the package manager for most the common Linux distributions.
* - You will also need the <b>git client</b> to fetch the source code from the repository.
* - Once the build tools are installed on your machine, create a directory to hold the source code.
* mkdir ~stuff
* cd ~stuff
* - Now clone the source code with git
* git clone https://gitlab.com/fgms/fgms-0-x.git
* - Create and enter a temp directory (this is where all the compilers working files will be written to) and
* configure using cmake
* mkdir build_fgms
* cd build_fgms
* cmake ../fgms-0-x
* - At this point you should have a working \b fgms binary in the build_fgms/ directory.
* \subsection set_config Setting up the config file
* - Create and edit a \ref fgms_conf file according to the instructions found in example.
* cp ../fgms-0-x/src/server/fgms_example.conf ./my-test.conf
* > edit ./my-test,conf
* @note If the server will be offline or for private use (i.e. LAN-only,
* please comment out the relay servers section. This will save bandwidth
* from the server being consumed.)
* \subsection run_fgms_first Run fgms for the first time
* ./fgms -c ./my-test.conf
* In addition to its configuration file, \b fgms supports a number of configuration parameters that can be
* passed at startup (and that will by default override any configuration file settings),
* to get a summary of supported parameters, you may want to run:
* ./fgms --help
* \note By default the file names and options are:
* \b fgms.conf - for config
* \b fgms-exit, \b fgms-stat - as the file interface files
* \b fg_server.log - as the log file
* \section install Installing and Running
* For a system wide install you will need root (sudo) permissions
* cmake ../fgms-0-x
* su make install
* By default fgms installs to:
* - <b>/usr/bin/fgms</b> - the executable
* - <b>/usr/etc/fgms.conf</b> - the config file (::SYSCONFDIR, ::DEF_CONF_FILE)
* - <b>/var/log?</b> - the log file
* \section install_options Install Options
* * There are other options that can be used during the build process.
* * For all the options, see the \ref README_cmake file
* \subsection server_2 Server #2
* Normally, the requirement is for one production server, however there is a situation
* to run both a production and test, ie a second server. To build a second server
* configuration, use:
* cmake ../fgms-0-x -DBUILD_SERVER2:BOOL=TRUE
* * The defaults are: - fgms2.conf, fgms-exit2, fgms-stat2, and fg_server2.log
* * Traditionally
* - ports 5000 / 5001 - used for production udp and telnet
* - ports 5002 / 5003 - used for test udp and telnet
* \subsection install_tracker Tracker Install
* By default, the \ref tracker_server is not build.
* - A postgres database and its header files need to be installed (currently
* postgres is the only database supported)
* - The ::DEF_IP_ADDRESS, ::DEF_PORT, ::DEF_USER_LOGIN,
* ::DEF_USER_PWD and ::DEF_DATABASE macros need to be set*
* - To enable this option use:
* cmake ../fgms-0-x -DBUILD_TRACKER=ON
* \see \ref README_tracker file and \ref create_db_sql
* \section runtime_startup RunTime and Startup
* \subsection supervisor Supervisord
* \note Do not run as deamon as supervisor will deamonize
* \link contrib/etc/supervisor.fgms.conf
* - http://supervisord.org/configuration.html#program-x-section-settings
Generated on Tue Mar 10 2015 23:08:32 for fgms by